Challenge: Strengthen the relationship with customers by creating additional touchpoints using existing catalog assets.
Rationale: Retailers make a significant investment in their catalog. Photography is a dominant component. While photography is frequently added to their website, it often falls short of its full potential.
Strategy: Launching a lookbook opens up new opportunities to create a more dramatic and visually impactful customer experience as it extends the value of photography above and beyond the life of the catalog.
Wide Appeal: Here a cropped catalog shot, photographed in Peru’s Andes mountain range, gains panoramic importance as part of an online apparel presentation.
Unlimited Possibilities: Whether the intent is to delve deeper into a particular merchandise assortment, drive additional sales by increasing exposure of best sellers or creating a vehicle to strengthen brand identity in the marketplace—even an alternate shot can take on a valuable life of its own.
Tour de Force: Take a thumbnail view of the complete lookbook. Every shot increases in prominence to make a lasting impression.
These are just some of the roles a lookbook can play in your overall marketing strategy.
- Showcase merchandise assortment in a more dramatic, inspirational context
- Provide more depth to a particular merchandise category or name brand
- Increase exposure to best sellers
- Provide more depth in a particular merchandise category
- Create impromptu sales events
- Focus on merchandise details; provide alternate views